Saturday, December 19, 2009

K-Tizz

Ha ha ha haha ha, I don't like that you know I watch you, but funny that you knew what I meant, I saw a giant ad while I was walking around here today, ha ha ha ha.


TELL ME.

I know I should have a lot to say, but I'm drawing a blank due to my discontent with this wobbly part of the desk I'm sitting at. The plane ride provided me with perhaps 20 minutes of sleep, though I do not remember it happening, I just know how tired I felt. A few hours of sleep upon arriving at the hotel and we were off for our first day. So many stores, it's like no one really lives around here, they just walk all the time, stop in at a store, get a bite to eat, and keep walking. I wish it could be like that at home, it's exciting! I am sure people become used to it, but there are SO many people walking that there aren't crosswalk buttons, the cross walk changes for a really really long time so that herds of humans can cross, and traffic must stop and wait for them. There are so many people waiting, that sometimes they just jump the crosswalk light and go anyways because they want to get somewhere. There are also a very very large number of one-way streets, it seems weird, because you rarely have to look BOTH ways before crossing the street. It's good exercise, and you feel so at home right away, because everyone is doing just what you're doing - just walking, and trying to get somewhere, or maybe no where, they just want to keep going. We did that a little last night. Today we sat for a long time inside visiting with a family friend, his wife, and their incredibly intelligent and curly-haired daughter, she is 5, and can pull off the attitude of a 16 year-old with some of the looks she manages. Whoa. xD Anywho, just before that, I experienced my first New York bagel, and holy bagel, it was fantastic. I know I could probably make one for myself, but eating it in such a bustling little restaurant made it seem so much more exciting, I LURVED IT. After a good couple hours of visiting, we made our way back to the hotel room for an hour, then left again as it started to become dark outside. We found ourselves some warmer coats and trekked outside as it started to snow harder. The wind picked up as we continued and the flakes fell harder. Everytime we left a building or turned around, it seemed to be covering the ground more and more. Traffic + Close together buildings = Fast-melting snow, so there really isn't a traffic problem, but the wind made walking less convenient. However, I am one of those people that feels excited when they walk through a raging storm or have their umbrella blown out of their hands or are dramatically crashed into by someone. So very exciting... :D We went into a GIANT toy store! The Harry Potter stuff they had was neato, such as the statues of some elements of the books... Very expensive though. Oh, my mother grabbed on to my arm to walk because she felt lonely and I sped up to step over a curb and she did not so she started to fall forward but my manly biceps caught her easily. Only one arm, too! How did the night end... Well, I tried to take as many nice pictures as I could, but bustling people, and the biting snowflakes made that difficult. Do not be discouraged if I return with few photos, it's just difficult to capture everything... We finally made it back to the hotel and snacked on small things for awhile, watched television, and now I am here, looking forward to a breakfast buffet tomorrow morning. I don't want to waste much time sleeping for tomorrow since we have to leave, though that last part may not happen. If the weather continues leaving may be unsuitable, but I think it's going to stop enough for us to leave. Anyways, I'll want to be tired to survive the plane ride home. Or will I? I wish I had more to do on the plane, even though there are movies and what-not to pick from. I don't know what I'll do. It is Winter Break! I can take all the sleeping time I need when I get home... Maybe I won't even sleep. I'll stay up with my mom and wrap Christmas gifts all night.

AHH! I need to find my grandma something for Christmas! I'll take care of these things when I get home. I was planning on making something, actually...
I think you and I should become friends just so that we can follow each other on here annonymously. And no, you should not be ashamed of your 400 post pride. :P

Good night for now.

1 comment: